Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sadness

My cousin Mike passed away last Thursday. His funeral was held on Sunday. Mike had accepted Jesus in the last month and I rejoice in that fact, but my heart hurts in ways that I hadn't expected.

I knew how many friends that Mike had and knew how much he was loved. What I under estimated was that even though I thought that I was very important in his life, I was but one of hundreds that thought the same thing. Mike was the most non-judgemental person that I ever knew. He found good in everyone and lived by the rule that if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. (The only person that I ever knew him to critize was someone who definately deserved it. I won't say who that is, but I bet most of my family will know who I am talking about.)


Go rest high on that mountain cousin Mikey.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails